Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Waking Up In Algona
We fell asleep so soundly that we didn't hear the rowdies in the middle of the night climb over the fence of the Aquatic Center and cannonball into the pool. I guess Team BodyShop (or something like that) had a little too much to drink. Apparently the police came to break everything up. I didn't hear a thing :) When I woke up, I was sore all over, especially my "sit" bones. I also had a sunburn on my back. Apparently, the sunblock couldn't save me from being exposed from 7am-5pm. My lips are also all swollen from windburn. Who needs collagen when you could have windburn! It doesn't hurt, but my lips look quite plump. I started laughing at myself when I looked in the mirror. I also laughed at my tan lines, which are the same as last year's -- a straight white line down the back. Off we go to ride 59.9 miles and meet up with our friends Pete Royer and his wife, along with another couple. I'm looking forward to meeting up with Pete. He has a support vehicle. I can finally ride luggage free, at least for part of the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment