Sunday, July 11, 2010

Running at Night

It's been hot and humid for the past few weeks. I've been wanting to run outdoors and not in the gym. I just want the fresh air and the scenery, but, I don't want to pass out from heat stroke and dehydration. So, I finally decided to try running at night. I didn't dare venture too far from my home. It's dark out here and there aren't all that many streetlights. So, off I went with my little flashlight in hand. I was quite scared at the beginning. A little bit because of the cars, but mostly because of the racoons and possums. I was also a little worried about tripping over any bumps in the road and sidewalk. But, all in all, I survived without any many damage. Total distance in the dark, 3.3 miles. By the end of it, I was dripping with sweat. The sun may have gone down, but the temperature was still in the 80s and the humidity levels close to 80%. I can't wait for it to get at least a little cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment