Thursday, July 15, 2010

Less than two weeks to RAGBRAI

The bike is packed and shipped already. Our flights have been booked. My bags are almost packed. I'm getting nervous. What happens if I can't finish it?!? It's going to be a very different experience this year. No team - no Tash, Pete, Gene or Ron. Who's going to savor a pork chop with me? Well, maybe Pete. He's coming with his wife and another couple for a few days. We'll also be riding the heavier 1980s Santana tandem. And as if the additional weight of the older bike was enough, Rick wants us to carry our own bags, so all our stuff will be in panniers and on the rack. That's probably another 50 lb. I wanted to use the luggage truck, but Rick's concerned they'll lose our stuff and we'll up the river without a paddle. Personally, I think he just liked the panniers. He was grinning from ear to ear when he showed them to me. Well, they were kind of nice, but quite pricey. For avid touring bicyclists, they'll appreciate Ortlieb products. Rick has a thing for bicycle bags. The guys from last year can vouch for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment