Friday, July 16, 2010

Running Update

My friend invited me to run a 5K with her next weekend. Unfortunately, I had to turn her down since I will be on a business trip in Chicago. I wanted to do the run with her to test my speed at 5K. I know my body is trained enough to handle a nice and easy 3.2 miles,but how would I feel if I pushed the pace. It's hard for me to push myself to run faster when I'm alone. There's just no incentive. But, when you're with a pack of people, the competitive spirit kicks in along with a rush of adrenaline. I'll try to find another event near us between now and the Sept 19 half marathon I signed up for. While I'm in Chicago, I'll go run by the lake. I'll be staying at a hotel right next to the lake, so why not. It should be lovely, but I can't overdo it since the following week is RAGBRAI.

In number news, the running log I've been keeping surprised me when I scrolled down to the total distance I've run since April. I've passed the 100 mile mark! To be exact 112.35 miles. Amazing for a person who has never really exercised regularly until a year and a half ago. I forget how many points I've accumulated, but I'm pretty sure David's far behind me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment