Friday, July 24, 2009

Videos & Pictures

The $6,500 Trek carbon fiber demo bike that may have permanently damaged my derriere.


Pork, pork and more pork...an Iowa specialty!

Tash riding slowly with us on Day 6. We saw lots of corn fields (and soybean fields too).

The agony of Day 3, 77.1 miles. I thought I was going to need surgery on my bottom. I didn't pose for this picture. I really was in a lot pain. Rick thought it was funny.


The guys at the campground before leaving on Day 5, when Rick and I had driving duties. Left to right: Gene, Pete, Tash and Ron.

This is what I saw all week long, Rick's backside.

I forget where we are, but this was a common scene throughout the week. We were probably getting fruit smoothies.

Enjoying a 3-in. pork chop at Mr. Pork Chop. Poor vegetarian Rick has nothing to eat.


Hanging out in townsquare in Chariton waiting for the rock band Hairball to sing. Ron is in front and Tash is sitting next to me.

Hooray, we made it up this steep hill. It was definitely not easy. Check out the other tandems on the bottom right hand corner.

I love Mr. Pork Chop. I would look for the pink bus to get my 3-in. thick pork chop.

I think this is Mineola on Day 1. After a while, you lose track of which town you're in.

Day 1 - First 50+ day. I was feeling kind of ready.



While riding on Day 6. Had to stop to hold grips to get ready for big left turn.

1 comment:

  1. I can't get that song - Rick singing Cracklin' Rosie - out of my head! Help!

    ReplyDelete