Friday, July 3, 2009
Father's Day Duathlon, Part 1
The month of June felt like we were in monsoon season. Every day was a dreary rainy day. In fact, weather reports noted that for 3 consecutive, it rained on all but 2 days. On June 21, the day of the duathlon, I woke up at 5am to hear and see a downpour. If it didn't clear up soon, I would not be racing. Things weren't better by 5:30am, and I was feeling a little disappointed and, perhaps a bit relieved that I wouldn't have to run and bike. But by 6:15am, the rain came to a steady drizzle and I decided, the heck with it, I've trained so much for this, I would only get mad at myself for not trying. So, I sped in the Miata to the race site. When I got there, I think I was in shock. There were so many other people and their bikes were nice, not like my POS (which I had to practice shifting gears the day before). My friend from work met up with me a wanted to practically shake me out of my trance. I really wanted to turn around and go home, but I didn't let fear get the better of me. We waited around for a while and finally started at 7:40am. More details to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment