I didn't have time to post this yesterday, so here it is today. Co-located with with Ragbrai is the 4th Annual Ribfest. The aroma was so good I had to have some, especially since I didn't have lunch. But poor Rick...it's awful to be a vegetarian in middle America. Even when we went to a nearby restaurant, everything on the menu had meat, meat and more meat. All the salads and pastas had meat. And the portions were humongous. It's no wonder there's an obesity problem in America.In the end, Rick had a special order grilled vegetarian sandwich, and even that was huge.
I just can't believe how much meat people can eat. Plus, the roasted corn we had at Ribfest was delicious, but maybe because it was submersed in butter. Yum, turning healthy food into unhealthy food :) It's no wonder people gain weight on Ragbrai.
On today's ride, I already mentioned I had Mr. Pork Chop. I could have also had turkey or steak...the motto is "Beef, it's what's for dinner." Rick's options were much more limited, pasta or a veggie burrito. In the end, he skipped lunch and had two pieces of famous Ragbrai pie. We skipped the veggie food stops so we could finish by 3pm. Dinner for me tonight was a turkey sandwich and Rick had two plates of veggie curry. He was real happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment